Istanbul İkitelli City Hospital Project is Turkey’s third largest health investment project under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) agreement model initiated by the Ministry of Health and will provide services to İstanbul and its neighboring provinces. The project covers a total area of 790 thousand m2 in Başakşehir district of Istanbul province in the northwest of Turkey.
In addition to connections through Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge and TEM access roads, a planned metro station will enable fellow Istanbul residents to reach the most convenient healthcare services in the fastest and most comfortable way.
The Istanbul Ikitelli City Hospital comprises a 2,354-bed Main Hospital, a 200-bed Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Hospital and a 128-bed Psychiatric Hospital. The main hospital facility consists of six buildings surrounding a shared core building and includes the following hospitals:
• General Hospital with a bed capacity of 469
• Cardiovascular Diseases Hospital with a bed capacity of 327
• Neurology and Orthopedics Hospital with a bed capacity of 311
• Children’s Hospital with a bed capacity of 521
• Gynecology Hospital with a bed capacity of 359
• Oncology Hospital with a bed capacity of 367
• Psychiatry Hospital with a bed capacity of 128
• Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Hospital with a bed capacity of 200
Having a total capacity of 2,682 beds and sitting on an indoor construction area of 1 million m2, the İkitelli City Hospital will be the “World’s Largest Seismically Isolated Building” upon installation of 2,040 seismic isolators.
Equipped with world-class seismic isolation technology, the İstanbul İkitelli City Hospital will continue to fulfill all its operational activities without any setbacks even during and after the most severe earthquakes.